Condensation is a natural occurrence when interior air and humidity comes in contact with a surface that is sufficiently cold. Windows are usually the coldest surface in the home. Condensation on windows is a natural occurrence and will correct itself when the outside air temperature and/or when indoor relative humidity decreases.
STEPS TO HELP PREVENT CONDENSATION
- Always run the hood fan in kitchen while cooking during and for at least 30 minutes after.
- Always run fan in bathroom(s) for at least 30 minutes after bathing.
- Turn on a rotating fan to circulate air flow.
- Keep blinds up a couple inches from bottom of your window sill and open your blinds to circulate air.
- Turn down furnace humidity.
- Wipe off any ice build up right away and install towel if needed to stop any damage.
- Film or foil installed on the surface of the glass can cause a thermal break resulting in either seal failure or glass breakage.
- Try to reduce the amount of indoor plants or people in a given area as they can add to the humidity.
- If possible, open the windows a few inches for a short period of time.
From all of us at Vesta Properties, we wish you a very safe and happy holidays!